Do you want to know how to remove a Gmail account, with or without a Google account? We’ll go through what to do in each of these instances in this post. Because the procedure differs differently for desktop and mobile users, we’ve created a distinct step-by-step instruction for each device.
There are several reasons why you would want to erase your Gmail account. If you have an embarrassing username or receive too many spam mails, you should start over. Alternatively, you might consider moving to a different email service entirely. Whatever the reason, you’ll discover how to achieve your objective today.
How to delete your Gmail account
How can I completely remove my Gmail account? If you’ve been wondering about this, you’ve come to the correct spot. A step-by-step instruction to deleting your Gmail is provided below. Because all you need is a browser, it works on both Windows and Mac. Those looking for instructions on how to remove a Gmail account on mobile can find them below as well.
- Select “Manage your Google Account” from the top-right profile icon.
2. Select “Data & privacy” from the left menu.
3. Select “Delete a Google service” under the Download or delete your data section.
4. For verification, select “Delete a service” and provide your Gmail account password.
5. Select the Trash icon next to “Gmail.” You may also copy your messages, attachments, and user preferences by clicking “DOWNLOAD DATA.”
6. Enter a non-Gmail email address to be associated with the rest of your Google services. “SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL” should be selected.
7. Open the verification email in the non-Gmail account. Select the link.
8. Tick the box and select “DELETE GMAIL” at the bottom of the message.
How to delete a Gmail account on Android phone
Deleting your Gmail account on Android is identical to the methods in “How to Delete a Gmail Account on Computer.” All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your Android and scroll down to Google.
- Navigate to “Manage your Google Account.” Select “Delete a service or your account” under Data & personalization.
- Select “Delete a service,” then select the Trash bin next to your Gmail account.
How to delete a Gmail account on iPhone
Deleting Gmail on an iOS device is similar to doing it on a desktop computer. As a result, we will simply cover the essential stages. You may do that from either the Gmail app or the iPhone Safari. Following the deletion, the final steps are identical to the desktop tutorial.
- In your Gmail app, tap the hamburger menu in the upper-left corner and scroll down to Settings. Tap the account you want to remove.
- Select “Manage your Google Account.”
- Select “Data & customization,” followed by “Delete a service or your account,” and lastly “Delete a service.”
4. Locate Gmail in your list of Google services and choose the trash can icon. To delete your Gmail account, follow the steps below. They are also available in our PC step-by-step tutorial.
5 things to know before deleting your Gmail account
It is a severe matter to delete your account. It may even be comparable to obtaining a divorce for some. Before you take the irrevocable action, make sure you understand the following five facts:
- The deletion of a account is irreversible. There is no turning back after you have completed all of the steps. All of your emails and account information will be lost, and you will no longer be able to send or receive emails. Furthermore, you and no one else will be allowed to use the same login.
Your Google account will be unaffected.
- When you remove your account permanently, your Google account is not instantly gone. You will still be able to use Photos, Drive, and other services.
- There is no method to access other accounts. This email is probably associated with at least a handful of your accounts. You may no longer be able to access those accounts after it’s gone.
- There is no mechanism to reset passwords. You’ve undoubtedly enrolled for at least a few services with this Gmail account. You will not be able to reset your password if you forget it.
- All emails are available for download. You may effortlessly download your emails with Google Takeout before deleting the account. If you use IMAP, keep in mind that only locally saved emails will be retained. All synced folders will vanish, much like your New Year’s resolutions.
Delete your Google Account
You may even erase your whole Google Account from your computer, which includes Drive, Photos, Calendar, and other services. Don’t forget that YouTube and Google Play subscriptions will be discontinued as well. Finally, if you have a Chrome browser linked to your Google Account, you should save your bookmarks before proceeding.
Follow these procedures to remove your whole Google Account:
1: Navigate to myaccount.google.com.
2: Select “Data & personalization” from the left menu.
3: Scroll to the bottom and select “Delete a service or your account.”
4: Click the “Delete your Google Account” button. When prompted, enter your password.
Can you recover a deleted Gmail account?
If you change your mind, you may still be able to retrieve a deleted Gmail account. However, the longer you wait, the less likely it is that your data will still be available. Follow the steps below to restore your Gmail account:
- Navigate to Google’s recovery page. Click “Next” after entering the email address you wish to recover.
- If you receive the notification that such an account does not exist, you are out of luck. You’re lucky if you get to enter the last password you remember for your Gmail account!
- You should get a success message if you input the correct password. Proceed to your Google Account.
- In the top-right corner, next to your Google Account symbol, click “Google apps.” Select “Gmail,” provide your phone number (for verification), and click “Submit.”
- Select a method of verification. It might be an SMS or a phone call.
- Type in the verification code you just received.
- You now have access to your Gmail account again!